The Victorian Government has announced changes to the COVID-19 isolation requirements in effect from Thursday 13 October, 2022. The mandatory orders around isolation for people with COVID-19 have ended and instead we move to health advice and recommendations for people with COVID-19 or COVID-19-like symptoms.
Our school will continue to adhere to the Department of Health’s recommendations and Department of Education advice to ensure that our school remains a safe environment for our staff and students.
The Department of Health strongly recommends that students and school staff:
* who test positive to COVID-19 stay home and isolate for 5 days, and to not attend school after 5 days isolation if they are still symptomatic
* who are symptomatic but have not tested positive not attend school. This does not include students with pre-existing conditions such as hay fever.
Parents and carers are recommended and encouraged to continue to report their child having COVID-19 to both the Student COVID-19 Test Portal and the Department of Health online system or via the coronavirus hotline at 1800 675 398. We will, however, no longer report occurrences of positive cases to the school community.
We ask parents and carers to continue to remain vigilant in preventing COVID-19 transmission. Any student who is unwell should continue to remain at home with an absence entry made on Compass in the usual way. This is about keeping students healthy and well in our school and reducing the spread of both COVID-19 and other respiratory diseases.
To keep our school as safe as possible, we continue to apply a range of mitigation measures:
- Free rapid antigen tests are available at the school for those who need them. Students, staff and parents/carers can collect these from the General Office. They will continue to be delivered to classes too.
- Staff and students who wish to wear a face mask will be supported to do so, and we continue to make face masks available for staff, students and visitors.
- We will also continue to use air purifiers and other COVID-19 prevention measures.
- Parents and carers will be contacted if their child shows symptoms while at school.
Thank you for your continued efforts to keep our school community safe and well.