The SAC's run throughout the first three terms, and are outlined as follows;
- Unit Unit 3 OUTCOME 1: Photosynthesis investigations
A report related to two practical activities from a logbook of practical activities (based on photosynthesis).
- Unit 3 OUTCOME 2: Immunology investigation
A graphic organiser outlining the immunological pathway of a chosen disease.
- Unit 4 OUTCOME 1: Report on evolutionary change
An analysis of secondary data to explain changes in a population due to evolutionary pressures.
- Unit 4 OUTCOME 2: Laboratory report of genetic engineering
A scientific report analysing the outcome of the student conducted engineering of bacterial colonies to express a fluorescence gene.
- Unit 4 OUTCOME 3: Enzyme extended investigation
Design and undertake an investigation related to cellular processes and/or biological change and continuity over time, and present methodologies, findings and conclusions in a scientific poster (related to enzymes).
- Engage in class discussions, experiments, and class based activities
- Complete interactive notes (provided in class and on wiki) on a weekly basis
- Satisfactorily engage in the SAC tasks OR demonstrate content knowledge through the completion of Biozone exercises.