Only one of the following combinations can be used in the best six (that is, in the calculation of the ATAR):
- English/English as an Additional Language (EAL)
- Chinese (FL)/Chinese (SL)/Chinese (SL Advanced)
- Indonesian (FL)/Indonesian (SL)
- Japanese (FL)/Japanese (SL)
- Korean (FL)/Korean (SL)
- Mathematical Methods/Mathematical Methods (CAS).
In each of the study areas of English, Mathematics, History, Contemporary Australian Studies, Information Technology, Languages and Music:
- at most two results can contribute to the primary four
- at most three results can contribute to the ATAR, whether they are VCE results, Higher Education study results, or VET results.
The subjects included in these study areas are those listed in the VICTER guide.