The VCAA has provided advice on delivery of the VCE under Remote Learning conditions and the following information applies to all Princes Hill Secondary senior school students.
As Unit 3 is in the process of delivery there will be no changes to the teaching and assessment program as outlined in the Study Design. Teachers should proceed with their current teaching and learning programs to allow Unit 3 to be completed as designed. VCAA will provide advice in the week commencing 20 April 2020 on which Unit 3 school-based assessments can be completed remotely.
The following adjustments to the delivery of VCE apply:
- The GAT test will move from June to October or November.
- End-of-year exams will be postponed until at least December.
- School-based assessment tasks will be reduced where possible to relieve some pressure on students as they move to remote and flexible learning arrangements.
- Universities will be asked to delay the start of the 2021 university year to account for impacts of coronavirus on senior secondary students.
The VCAA has also been asked to consider a compressed end-of-year exam schedule in recognition of the disruption caused by the pandemic.
It is recommended to regularly communicate with your teachers during school hours. Your teachers will have provided you with the best method of communication though most use email and Compass.
Contacting the Senior School Team (School Hours)
|Senior Sub School Leader||Dani Crew|
0499 923 168
|Year 12 Coordinator||Andy Kempemail@example.com|
|Year 11 Coordinator||Murray Mathiesonfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|VCAL Coordinator||Sue Tyrieemail@example.com|
|Acting Careers/VET Coordinator||Margaret Fry||9389 0629|
Student Wellbeing During Remote Learning
At Princes Hill Secondary College, our student wellbeing program focuses on providing relevant and meaningful support and information to all students, their friends and families about their emotional, social, mental and physical wellbeing. While we are engaged in home learning during Term 2, the wellbeing support program will continue to provide support to young people via phone, zoom and email.
Call 9389 0617 during school hours to speak to Felicity, the Student Wellbeing Coordinator or email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss any wellbeing or mental health concerns you have. You can also call to chat about a friend you are worried about. Parents and carers are very welcome to contact Felicity to talk about the support needs of your child. Information and referrals to external supports can also be provided. Appointments with the PHSC Educational Psychologist (Kelly), or our Mental Health Practitioner (Jess) can also be requested by contacting Felicity.
- Unit 3 has been extended and will now end on Friday 26th of June (Term 2 - Week 11)
- Unit 1 has been extended and will now end on Friday 26th of June (Term 2 - Week 11)
- Unit 2 and 4 start Monday 13th July (Term 3 - Week 1)
- Once we have VCAA exam dates some adjustments may occur for the SAC Calendar in Unit 2 and 4
- Year 12 External Exams postponed - possibly December (date TBC)
- Year 12 Graduation Evening postponed until after Year 12 exams (TBC)
- Year 11 End of year exams - Last week in November (TBC)
- Year 11-12 Transition postponed (TBC - possibly change to one and a half day program or holiday homework only)