Dear students, parents and carers, and staff
The Premier announced this afternoon that we move to Stage 4 restrictions from 6 pm tonight.
Recently, I have frequently been reminded of the maxim to take one day at a time. I will be as succinct as possible, acknowledging that there will be many questions. However, many of these will need to wait for further information and clarification. As the Premier said this afternoon, 'The whole way through this, I promised to be upfront. So I’ll say this now. This will be imperfect. And for a little while, there’ll be more questions than answers. It’s why I’m asking something else of Victorians – please be calm, please be kind, please be patient.
Tomorrow - Monday August 3
- Year 11 &12 classes (as advised yesterday) will be held on-site and the school is open. I encourage senior students to ensure they attend for this last opportunity to catch up with their teachers in person for 6 weeks
- Remote learning continues tomorrow for students in Years 7-10
- The onsite supervision program for students in Years 7-10 will operate tomorrow as communicated yesterday
- Close contacts of the confirmed case have completed their quarantine period and can attend and no close contact has tested positive
- Face coverings must be worn by students and staff. Please see the specific advice for staff and for students here. Detailed information about the correct use of face coverings can be found here
- All senior students must enter the building from the main entrance in Arnold St and maintain physical distancing whilst school staff conduct temperature checks
Tuesday August 4
- This is a statewide pupil free day for staff to prepare for Remote Learning at Year 11&12
- The school will be open on Tuesday August 4 for students and staff to collect books, prepare resources and important items for remote learning.
Wednesday August 5
- At Princes Hill SC this is a day of parent teacher interviews for students in Years 10-12. This has been scheduled from the start of the year and will continue as planned via Zoom . Please refer to previous News Feed announcements. There will be no remote learning on this day.
- There will be a limited onsite learning program during Stage 4 restrictions. Advice on how this will operate will be provided when received from the Department of Education.
Thursday August 6
- Remote learning classes operate from this date for all students until at least September 13.
I anticipate that there will be further advice from the Department of Education later this evening that I will communicate to you tomorrow.
I'll finish this message with the words of the Premier,
'All the temporary sacrifices we make now – all the time missed with mates, those delayed visits to mum – those sacrifices will help keep our mates and our mums and our fellow Victorians safe. We can – we will – get through this.
Apart. But together.'
Take care and stay safe,