Child pages
  • Industry Skills
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

What is it and why should I do it?

This subject is your VET or SBAT course and Work Placement. You MUST complete a minimum of 90 hours of VET or SBAT at Certificate II level or above. Without a VET or SBAT certificate you are ineligible to pass VCAL. This is not the school's decision, it is a state requirement. You can't get around it even if you beg.

What will I do in class?

VET and SBAT courses are run at other venues. When you enrol for VCAL you will need to choose a course that interests you. They are all practical courses which are designed to lead you into a job or further study in that area. Most of our students enrol in VET through IMVC (Inner Melbourne VET Cluster) so check out their website for courses they offer. We have also had students study at TMG college, Melbourne Polytechnic and New Futures training so you could also look at what they offer.

How much homework will I have?

That depends entirely on what course you do. Most of them are designed to be completed in class time however.

How do I satisfactorily complete the unit?

You must satisfy all the requirements of your VET or SBAT course. As hands-on courses they tend to be very strict about attendance.

Give me all the details I want to know more:

Inner Melbourne VET Cluster

Melbourne Polytechnic

TMG College

VCAA Industry Skills


  • No labels