Admission to do a VCE Unit 1/2 subject in Year 10 as an advanced study is dependent on a number of factors:
- Only one Unit 1/2 Subject can be undertaken by a Year 10 students
- Students must apply for the Unit 1/2 subject using the online application form on the subject selection online form by the due date.
- Consideration will given to academic and study skills of the student in ALL their Year 9 subjects
- Students must be able to cope with a VCE Unit 1/2 subject as well as the rest of the Year 10 curriculum
- Timetable constraints allow for study of the requested Unit 1/2 subject
- Sufficient room in the desired subject (priority given to Yr11 and Yr12 students)
Students must be prepared for interview and demonstrate their understand and have a special interest in the content of the Unit 1/2 Learning
Admission to a Unit 3/4 subject in year 11 also depends on a range of factors:
- Students need to have undertaken the subject (or a similar subject) at 1/2 level successfully.
- Students must apply for the Unit 3/4 subject using the online application form on the subject selection online form by the due date.
- There are limited places for year 11 students undertaking advanced study.
The following criteria will be considered when selecting students to study an advanced VCE subject:
- The applicant’s current report must reflect very good to excellent ratings for class behaviour, effort and teacher’s comments.
- Students must demonstrate the capacity to balance a VCE Unit advanced level subject with their Year 10 or 11 studies.
- The applicant’s attendance record (days absent and lateness) will be considered.
- Timely and accurate submission of online application.