The Department regularly updates its coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic advice and guidance for schools.
This page is designed to help our Princes Hill Secondary School community find the most up-to-date advice and access key coronavirus (COVID-19) information and resources.
We will continue to inform our school community of any updates or new information via Compass Newsfeeds and post important content on this page for reference.
While we are very excited with the return to on-site learning from day one 2021, it is critical that we all remain vigilant in maintaining COVID Safe environments (see letter from the Victorian Chief Health Officer). Actions such as staying home when unwell, performing regular hand hygiene, and maintaining physical distance are simple measures, but are of the utmost importance.
The school community should continue to refer to Compass for regular Newsfeeds about school learning, activities and information. Click on the heading of the latest announcements below for the most recent information. Click here for all prior announcements.
COVID-19 and School Operations
The purpose of this page is to outline to parents, carers and students how our school will be managing risk and other operational matters relating to COVID-19.
Princes Hill Secondary College is committed to providing a safe learning and working environment for our students and staff. We ask for all members of the school community to review and adhere to the guidelines that appear below and allow us to provide the safest possible environment during this time. We all have a role to play in reducing the risks relating to COVID-19 in Victoria.
Princes Hill Secondary College is following the advice for schools from the Department of Education and Training which can be found on the Department’s website at: COVID-19.
- Health and Safety at School (including Physical Distancing and Face Masks)
- Access to Devices
- School Assemblies, Graduations and other School Gatherings
- Camps and Excursions
- Sport and Recreation
- Instrumental Classes and Music Activities
- Food Technology
- Visitors (including interschool activities)
- School Buses and Transport
- Communication between Parents/Carers and our School
- Cleaning and Facilities Management
The following list provides useful links and information that set the context for our school approach to managing learning for our students in a COVID Safe environment:
- DET Coronavirus (COVID-19) Website
- DHHS Coronavirus (COVID-19) Website
- DET Infectious Diseases Policy
- DET Health Care Needs Policy
- Talking to your child about COVID-19
- Department of Education and Training COVID-19 Advice Line – 1800 338 663
- Department of Health and Human Services Coronavirus hotline – 1800 675 398 (24 hours, 7 days a week)
- PHSC COVID-19 Safety Management Plan
Remote Learning Home
Our entire Princes Hill Secondary College community can be justifiably proud of how we weathered the storm of 2020. The perseverance and success of our students during 2020 is mirrored by the professional and dedicated work of teachers and support staff who rapidly learned to operate successfully in new ways unforeseen at the start of 2020. Parents and families too have played a key role in supporting and encouraging students through the challenges of the pandemic.
While our hope is that we will remain at school for 2021 and beyond, we have a plethora of information, tools and support at the ready on our Remote Learning Home page that can be resurrected should the need arise. We hope not!